Welcome to the SPASE Group
The Space Physics Archive Search and Extract (SPASE) effort is a Heliophysics community-based project with the goals of:
- Facilitating data search and retrieval across the Space and Solar Physics data environment with a common metadata language
- Defining and maintaining a standard Data Model for Space and Solar Physics interoperability, especially within the Heliophysics Data Environment
- Using the Data Model to create data set descriptions for all important Heliophysics data sets.
- Providing tools and services to assist SPASE data set description creators as well as the researchers/users
- Working with other groups for other Heliophysics data management and services coordination as needed
Learn more about the SPASE group.
Find out about the SPASE Inside.
The SPASE Group generates three "products". First is the SPASE Metadata Model which is an information model for describing the elements of the heliophysics data environment. Second is a set of services and protocols to enable the exchange of information. Third are tools for developing and validating resource descriptions.